Monday, June 1, 2009

Cookie Monster!

So today after work I picked up Bennett & we took a trip to Publix.

Did you know that at the bakery they'll give kids under 12 a free chocolate-chip cookie?

Well they do! So, since I have a kido under 12 I thought he needed a cookie (perhaps I needed a cookie, it is Monday after all)

I went over to the baker & asked for a cupcake, (so he didn't think I was completely terrible for asking for a cookie for my 8 month old who only has 2 teeth) and if I could please have a cookie for my son (who was in his car seat in the buggy, mind you!)

He smiled (maybe laughed a little) and gave me a cookie for Bennett. So, Bennett & I shared a cookie as we happily shopped (yes I did give him several bites of the cookie).

I kinda feel bad that I used my son to score a free cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad... we get a cookie EVERY time we go to the store.. that's what gets us through the shopping trip! Kroger & costco give out free ones, too! :) My kids are trained... if there's not a cookie jar out, they'll go right up and ask! Ha! Glad you guys are doing well...

    oh, and for when Bennett's a little older, if you get a chick-fil-a kids meal, you can return the toy & get a free ice cream! amazing!

    ReplyDelete