This little man is 9 months old now! & into everything!
Bennett had his 9 month well visit last week; he was 22lb 8oz & 30.25inches long. The doctor thought he was doing great, & full of personality.
Here are a few things Bennett has been up to lately:
Mommy & Me swimming lessons - which he loves! (Let's hope this continues)
He's pulling up by himself now.
He has his walker down pat.
Waving bye, bye. (Mostly to Jeff & when we leave school)
Eating lots of solid foods; he's like a bottomless pit! (Which I think is good!) & some school lunches.
He has 2 bottom teeth.
Loves bath time - Doesn't really like diaper changes or getting dressed.
B is now to long for his car seat, so a new one is one the way.
I can tell he understands some of the signs we are doing; we're still working on him doing them.
He totally has the fake cry thing down pat - to the point to where, when he fake cries, he will cry real hard & then stop, look around to see if your watching him, & then he'll cry some more. It's hard not to laugh.
He sleeps with his feet curled up in the air or propped on the bumper pad.
He loves playing with his beach ball, & his basket balls.
He bangs everything together - & loves it - he laughs at himself. Here is a pic of B banging together the dog bowls - which he loves for some reason - yuck! (After I took this pic the bowls were put away & his hands were washed!) He also like to splash his hands in their water bowl, which is now in a new location as well.
He is exploring his voice - he sings, babels, yells, & laughs really hard. It's funny to listen to him sometimes we swear he's saying "Don't Do it" or "that".
He does say Dada - all the time - I know there is a Momma in there somewhere - we're working on it.
Jeff & I are having a blast with him - every minute is something new & fun. He is such a blessing.
Now that B is eating more solids I'm trying to make some of my own baby food, so if any of you moms have any advice - I could use it.



He is so darn cute!
ReplyDeleteFor baby food, I love the sites www.wholesomebabyfood.com and www.wholesometoddlerfood.com. They were big helps to me. I steamed or baked whatever I was cooking then used a stick blender to puree it. Easy for controlling consistency. There is also a link in my blog to adventures in baby food. she has some good ideas and recipes on there. Her kids are about 2 months older than B if that helps.
sorry, that was Amy by the way. I didn't know Jeremy was still signed in to his account. Oppsie LOL
ReplyDelete22.5 pounds at 9 months! WOW! Andrew was only 19 pounds at a year! :) I've made all of my own baby food... super easy, super cheap, and super healthy. Just cook, then puree in a small food processor, dilute to the right consistency, and then freeze in ice cube trays. There's nothing to it! Check out the baby food aisle in the grocery to see what to offer... and some things, when out of season, are actually cheaper to buy as baby food (peaches, prunes, etc). This way is also fun because you can do cool fruits like mango and stuff.... have fun - it's an adventure!
ReplyDeleteSO glad he's doing so well. He's a doll.
Happy 4th!
The Coyles